Therefore, a change in emphasis was envisioned that redirected research and development into new areas where porous materials could be used in higher value applications, enabling us to successfully differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
Significant advances in surface chemistry have been achieved in recent years and have often come about through collaboration with Universities such as Cranfield, Essex, Brighton, Bangor and Swansea in privately sponsored research programmes. The advances in chemistry discovered during this work spun out into several exciting new concepts and has led to the developed of many new and unique materials and products. Some of these porous materials, such as those based on composites, surface modification and surface functionalisation have unique properties that allow them to be used in much more demanding, high value applications.
Our basic ranges of porous polyethylene and polypropylene polymers have been enhanced for use in many biomedical and pharmaceutical applications that demand a high technical performance rather than a low cost. For example, we have developed and patented technologies that change the chemical nature of the basic porous polymers making them hydrophilic, hydrophobic or functionalised with selective chemical groups.
Porous Polymer Chemistry
This has allowed them to be used in many bioscience applications such as antibody purification, protein separation, solid phase extraction SPE , affinity separation, liquid chromatography, DNA extraction, and ChIP assays. Through continuous development, we are now able to meet the demands of our chosen high value, and growing worldwide markets. Get in touch with Porvair Filtration We'll connect you to the right industry specialist.
Copyright Porvair Filtration Group.
- We Can Rescue Our Children;
- Uncertainty Theories and Multisensor Data Fusion!
- The Chernobyl Disaster: Legacy and Impact on the Future of Nuclear Energy (Perspectives on)?
- Porous Polymers (Vyon® and BioVyon™) | Porvair;
- Die TU Graz.
- Submission history.
All rights reserved. Porvair Filtration Group is a subsidiary of Porvair plc.
US20030232203A1 - Porous polymers: compositions and uses thereof - Google Patents
Electronic supplementary material
I am very happy to announce that the following speakers have kindly agreed to give plenary talks: Markus Antonietti Neil B. McKeown Omar M.
- Position within the page tree.
- Genetic and Population Studies in Wales;
- Advances in organometallic chemistry. / Volume 1!
- Effect of Neutron Irradiation on Fracture Toughness of Austentitic Stainless Steels!
- Porous Polymers (Vyon® and BioVyon™) | Porvair.
- A closer look at porous polymers - Materials Today?
- Ferrocene-Linked Porous Polymer for Water Treatment :: ChemViews Magazine :: ChemistryViews.